The Schwinn A20 Recumbent Exercise Bike is an inexpensive workout equipment that features computer-controlled eddy current resistance.
It has 8 levels of tension so you can easily add variety to your workout regimen. You can even customize your workouts to help you achieve your fitness goals.
You can easily see your workout progress on the LCD screen. Now you can check your RPM, time, distance, pulse, speed, calories burned, resistance level and course profile.
Another great thing about this Schwinn Exercise Bike is the extra wide, extra padded seat that adjusts to accommodate users no matter what their size or body type is. The step-through frame will let you get on and off the bike effortlessly.
In an effort to give you everything you need to know about this bike- good and bad, I have done a good amount of research. Let me share what I found to help you decide if this equipment will meet your needs.
6 Fitness Presets and Different Resistance Levels
The workout programs include 1 manual plus 6 preset profiles. Whatever your fitness level is, there is surely a profile that is perfect for you. The programs also include 3 heart rate control programs and 1 target heart program.
If you do not like any of the presets, you can create your own profile that will best suit your needs. You can also choose among 8 levels of resistance so you can keep challenging yourself for a solid workout.
The tension uses a fast electromagnetic system that stays exceptionally quiet. Yes, you can even exercise at night and your roommate will not be bothered. The bike’s computer-controlled eddy current resistance will ensure smooth and easy operation.
The manufacturer intentionally made the seat to be extra wide so it can accommodate users of any body shape or size.
You can keep adjusting the seat until you find a fit that’s right for you. Larger individuals will surely appreciate the size of the seat. Also, the bike comes with leveling feet which makes it more stable. Thanks to its two-position lumbar support, the user stays at ease while working out.
Features and Specifications of Schwinn A20
- The Schwinn Recumbent Exercise Bike features eddy current resistance system for silent operation
- It comes with 8 levels of tension, 6 preset fitness programs and 1 manual program
- The multi-function LCD panel displays your workout progress (distance, time, speed, calories burned, resistance level, profile and RPM). The console has integrated fan and easy-control buttons
- It has a reading rack and water bottle holder
- The grip heart sensors are strategically placed for natural hand positioning
- The perimeter weighted flywheel will make you feel that you are training on the road.
- Oversized stabilizers will give you the support you need even when pedaling at a fast pace
- It has extra wide seat and two-position lumbar support for a comfortable training session
- The Schwinn A20 recumbent exercise bike can support users up to 275 lbs.
- Equipment warranty: 2 years for frame, 6 months for mechanical and electrical parts and 30 days for wear parts
Customer Reviews and Scores
The Schwinn Recumbent Exercise Bike is an affordable alternative for people with back problems or those who want a workout that won’t cause strain on their knees and joints.
You will surely appreciate the preset workout programs plus the ability to create your own fitness profile to suit your fitness goals.
Most of the users are thrilled with their purchase.
However, it’s important for me to mention a nagging point raised by one user so you’ll know if this bike is what you really want. One user said “The bike was easy to setup the first time I put it together excepting that it didn’t work. The bike did not respond to the control panel.
The exercise-programs didn’t work at all”. This seems to be a rare case as other users didn’t mention they encountered the same problem.
Other reviewers only have good things to say such as “Bike is very quiet and stable”,
“It took about an hour to put it together and the instructions were easy to follow with words and diagrams” and “Great buy for the money”.
Overall, the Schwinn A20 Recumbent Exercise Bike offers the best bang for your buck with its fitness presets and different levels of resistance.
Unlike other recumbent exercise bikes with uncomfortable seats, the Schwinn a20 recumbent bike’s seat is thickly padded to provide the user the best possible comfort while working out. The bike operates quietly which is why majority of the reviewers recommend this to others.