Unless you are a beginner, you definitely have faced exercise boredom at some point in your fitness journey. When you are bored, you don’t find the motivation or energy to continue your exercise plan.
And once you have made a detour, who knows how long it will last. If you are a serious fitness enthusiast, you should have clear idea about how to deal with exercise boredom. Below, I will share the best ways to do that.
Beating Cardio Workout Boredom
Cardio is the central piece of any workout plan. And if you get bored with your cardio workouts, it might lead to serious consequences for your overall fitness goal. In order to ensure the perfect concentration on your cardio workouts, try any of these following steps –
- Try a New Machine: When you are feeling bored with your current cardio workout plan, you can make things interesting by trying a new machine you have never used before. For instance, most of you are not likely to use the Versa climber or the rowing machine in your regular workout plan.trying those machines could bring some welcome change.
- Try Rotating the Machines: Another interesting way is to rotate the available cardio machines. Every once in a while, try using all the cardio machines in your gym to have a different flavor.
- Change the Intensity: You can also try with changing the intensity of your cardio workouts. You can try shorter intervals between the sets or raise the intensity. Small changes like these could make the whole workout more challenging for you.
- Attend a Class: Most people have never participated in group fitness classes. In that case, you can try joining such a class to introduce some change in your workout routine.
Dealing with Strength Training Boredom
You need absolute attention on your strength training workouts. These workouts help you get the necessary strength to perform other exercises or the day-to-day activities. Getting bored about these workouts could affect all those areas too. Here are some proven tips to deal with strength training boredom –
- Try Different Resistance: Being confined to the same resistance level could make the strength training boring for you. In that case, try the resistance bands or use a cable machine to change your resistance. Your usual workout plan will be totally changed with a different resistance.
- Add New Styles: It is highly likely that you are following the same moves and styles for your exercises. If this is the case, do some research and find out alternative ways to do the exercises.
- Alter Your Training Method: Following the same method of training could be another major reason of boredom in strength training. You can try different things like heavy lifting, adding more weight etc.
- Consider Fitness Assessments: Taking regular fitness assessments could be another interesting way to beat exercise boredom. Try to predict the changes in advance and see if you can guess correctly.
Knowing the best ways to deal with exercise boredom is an essential part of any fitness plan. Depending on your goal, you should have clear idea about different ways of avoiding the boredom.Feel free to use the tips mentioned above as starting points and find out new ways. Let me know which tips sound the most interesting to you.